English | 2022 | ISBN: 1472990641 | 24 pages | True PDF EPUB | 39.1 MB
Whether planning a day sail or a longer passage, at home, at the wheel or at the chart table, theSkipper’s Cockpit Navigation Guideis the ideal instant reference for all skippers and crew. It covers all the essential navigation skills and techniques with a user friendly, easy to follow and succinct approach. Spiral bound to lie flat, and with laminated splash-proof pages, it is the hands-free ready reckoner to help you get where you want to go.
Written in clear, practical language, with clear photos, step-by-step diagrams and actual chart extracts, the book covers:
– Using nautical charts
– Understanding buoys, marks and lights
– Using the compass, log and depth gauge
– Descriptionting positions (including by dead reckoning), courses and bearings
– Understanding tides (heights, streams, including using tide tables) and currents
– Factoring in the weather
– Making a passage plan, keeping a logbook, and more
An essential title to have on board, this accessible book is aimed at skippers and crews of all levels, whether as a primer for those new to navigating or the perfect aide-memoire for those with prior experience.