When the C64 was launched by Commodore in 1982 it immediately set the standard for 8-bit home computers. Its low cost, superior graphics, high quality sound and a massive 64 KB of RAM positioned it as the winner in the home computer wars, knocking out competitors from the likes of Atari, Texas Instruments, Sinclair, Apple and IBM. Selling over 30 million units and introducing a whole generation to computers and programming, the C64 shook up the video games industry and sparked cultural phenomena such as computer music and the demoscene. In recent years the C64 has enjoyed a spectacular revival manifesting itself once again as a retrocomputing platform.
To allow you to experience and relive the wonders of this unique computer, Cloanto, developers of Commodore/Amiga software since the 1980s, has introduced C64 Forever, a revolutionary C64 emulator, preservation and support package. C64 Forever embodies an intuitive player interface, backed by a built-in database containing more than 5,000 C64 game entries, and advanced support for the new RP9 format, dubbed the “MP3 of retrogaming”.
* Additional emulation of related systems: PET 2001, CBM 3032, CBM 4032, CBM 8032, VIC 20, CBM 610, C16, Plus/4 and C128
* More than 200 preinstalled games and demoscene productions
* One-click play support for thousands of downloadable C64 and other 8-bit games, demos and applications
* RetroPlatform Library includes title and configuration data for more than 5,000 C64 games, with online updates
* RP9 Manager to convert between RP9 and other popular formats (D64, T64, etc.) and to export to devices (hardware-based emulators)
* Preconfigured and enhanced VICE emulation engine with auto-updates
* Special features and gallery of items of historical interest
* Much, much more. Whats New